The Freshmen of Faculty

Carter Elliott and Ian Roberson

A new year naturally brings new faces. Welcome the new faculty members for the 2019–2020 year!

Coming in with a big bang is Sarah Kathryn Marley, a sophomore chemistry teacher. She graduated from Ole Miss with a degree in Pharmaceutical Science, and she likes to paint, listen to music, travel, and spend time with her friends and family. Her goal for teaching chemistry is for “students to not only learn and understand chemistry, but enjoy doing so.” As a JA graduate, she wants to bring the best experience to her students.

Up to bat is Tyler Parvin, a softball coach. A Mississippi State University graduate with a Sports Management degree, he likes to spend time with his wife and soon-to-be-born son. His goal for coaching softball is to “build a program that will one day be competitive in varsity softball again.”

Reagan Ray is dancing her way into the position of Showtime director. Also from Mississippi State University with a degree in Vocal Music Education, she loves to write and is currently studying sign language. Her goals for directing Showtime are for her students to be successful but to be like a family and keep their integrity at the same time.

Swishing into the spaces of middle school, ninth grade, and assistant varsity basketball coach is Jesse Taylor. He graduated from Mississippi College with a degree in psychology, and he loves to spend time with his wife and three-year-old son and play pickleball, a sport similar to tennis. His goals for coaching young basketball players are to “lead them to Christ and help [them] become great men in society.”