JA Chronicle

Nelly’s Declassified School Survival Guide

School is back in session at Jackson Academy, yet students are still dreaming of hot sizzlin’ days on the beach, sleeping in ‘til noon, and dropping in on titled towers. The Newspaper staff concocted some helpful tips to help students “get back into the groove” of the everyday school life. Here is a six step guide to school survival:

CalendarInvest in a calendar too keep up with your busy schedule! Color coding is key! You don’t want to miss a mandatory practice or forget about that algebra test!

Chargers: Bring your iPad charger to school just in case your (or a friend’s) iPad is running low on battery. Also – students with graphing calculators: always have your calculator charger on hand. You don’t want your calculator dying in the middle of a test.

Earbuds: Don’t forget to pack your earbuds or headphones in your backpack! They always come in handy in a silent study hall or for game days when need to listen to that pre-game hype playlist

Change: Always carry some extra cash in your wallet for pizza Wednesdays and Chick-fil-a Thursdays! Some spare change would also be useful for when your lunch account is in major debt and you just can’t skip fried chicken day.

Alarms: Morning alarms are a must for getting to school on time! Juniors, early bird gets the worm, or in this case the best parking spot, so set that alarm! Alarms are also great for reminding yourself of very important duties like picking up your little sister from running club or wearing the right jersey for game day.

Water Bottle: Stay hydrated! Instead of buying a new bottle of water every time you are parched, bring one reusable bottle to school to refill at the handy water bottle filling station located at every water fountain on campus!

About the Writers
Nelson Thomas, Staff Writer

Junior Nelson Thomas is a new addition to the JA Chronicle. Besides contributing to newspaper, he also is on the football team and the junior class student...

Mary Lindley Tharp, Staff Writer

Senior Mary Lindley Tharp is a new addition to the JA Chronicle and is also an Accent.  During her free time, she enjoys painting and attending live...

Ella Jane Simmons, Staff Writer

Sophmore Ella Jane Simmons is new addition to the the newspaper.  Besides contributing to the JA Chronicle, she is on the volleyball and swim team.  During...