JA Chronicle

The Boys of Fall

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Boys of Fall

The 2018 Jackson Academy Varsity Football season has been a very exciting one. From pep rallies, walk throughs around campus, “Mo Bamba” playing in the student section, and traveling on the road to get the dubs, this season has been one for the books. The Raiders went 8-2 in the regular season in Coach Weem’s third year as head coach. The team was led by an outstanding group of seniors who left an unforgettable impact on the team for the future generations of Raider players.
One senior that has led the team to their victories is quarterback number 4, Kinkead Dent. When asked what impact Kinkead believes that he and his classmates have left on the team, Dent responded, “We have shown them what it takes to work hard and achieve victory.” The Varsity Raiders only lost two games in the regular season, one to MRA and the other to Jackson Prep. Dent commented that the team could have better prepared mentally for these two games which could have resulted in a Raider win. Nevertheless it is evident that the Class of 2019 has left an impact on the football field. Kinkead wishes that next year’s team will go undefeated and win state.
Clearly the Raiders have had nothing short of an amazing season. As for next year’s team, they will strive to go undefeated and will not settle for anything short of it. To keep the Raider winning tradition alive, the fans need to continue to come out and show their support. The accents, cheerleaders, and student section have done a fantastic job of showing up to show out for their Raiders and the tradition of this needs to stay alive. Strap up Raiders, next year will be a fun ride.

About the Writers
Lizzy Childress, Staff Writer

Junior Lizzy Childress is veteran of the JA Chronicle, going on her second year, and a member of Accents.  In her spare time, Lizzy enjoys going to Oxford...

Alex Summerford, Staff Writer

Sophomore Alex Summerford is a new addition to the newspaper.  Besides contributing to the JA Chronicle, he also plays football, baseball, and soccer....

Nelson Thomas, Staff Writer

Junior Nelson Thomas is a new addition to the JA Chronicle. Besides contributing to newspaper, he also is on the football team and the junior class student...